WordPress is a free personal publishing platform. It is an easy to use, fast and flexible blog script. It comes with a great set of features, designed to make your experience as a publisher as pleasant as possible. With WordPress you can easily:
- Publish and edit posts;
- Sort articles in categories;
- Search within your content;
- Manage users’ access;
- Change your website themes and more.
With the SiteGround WordPress hosting services you can use all of the aforementioned WordPress features.
How to install WordPress?
You can visit the pages listed below to find detailed instructions on how to install WordPress on your website with the help of the Softaculous auto-installation tool or via the built-in web installer. Note, that you can request a free WordPress installation with the SiteGround hosting package.
- Get a pre-installed WordPress application and theme with a new hosting account
- How to install WordPress via Softaculous
- Manual installation of WordPress
How to create a blog site with WordPress?
Once you have installed WordPress you can start building your blog. First, navigate to the WP login page entering the admin login URL: www.yourdomainname.com/wp-login.php. Make sure to substitute yourdomainname.com with your actual domain.There you should enter the login credentials, which you have chosen during the installation process. Then you will enter the Administration area of the WordPress script.
How to start blogging?
To start writing posts in your WordPress blog, simply click on the Posts -> Add New link from your Dashboard. You will be redirected to a page where you can create your new article.
Click the Publish button once ready and your post will be immediately visible at the front page of your blog!
WordPress Categories, Comments, and Themes
How to import external posts
In WordPress there is a way to import posts and comments from a Blogger, Tumblr, LiveJournal, etc. account. For the purpose of this tutorial we would use a Blogger account. First you should make an account in Blogger at the following location: Blogger.com. The creation of a new account is pretty easy. All you have to do is to click on the orange button with title “Create your blog” and follow the instructions. Once you are ready and you have a post there, you can import it in your WordPress site. There are some simple steps that you should complete:
- Log in the WordPress administrator’s area.
- Click on Tools -> Import.
- Choose Blogger.
- Install the Importer by clicking Install now, activate and run it.
- Enter the login credentials for your Blogger account.
- Once the import procedure is over, you can see your Blogger content on the main page of WordPress.